Installing the IBM® Engineering Workflow Management client in Eclipse by using the p2 installation repository
You can install the Engineering Workflow Management client into a supported version of Eclipse from the menu in Eclipse.
Install the required set of Eclipse patches. For instruction, see the Required Features in the Eclipse environment section of this Jazz.net article.
Before you begin
The p2 Install Repository is a .zip file that uses an Eclipse update site (or p2 repository) to get Engineering Workflow Management client features, bundles, and its EMF and GEF dependencies.
About this task
- Download and install a supported version of Eclipse from http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/ or one of the Eclipse mirror sites. For a list of supported versions, see Hardware and software requirements.
Extract the .zip file to a directory. For example,
eclipse.exeexecutable file in
C:\dev\eclipse-ewm\eclipseto open it.
- You need a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) version 8 or higher in your path for this to work. If
needed, you can add the JVM path to the
C:\dev\eclipse-ewm\eclipse\eclipse.inifile by adding the following two lines to the file just before
- You need a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) version 8 or higher in your path for this to work. If needed, you can add the JVM path to the
- Download the p2 Install Repository from the Engineering Workflow Management download page.
- Start Eclipse and select .
- In the Available Software window, click Add. In the Add Repository window, click Archive and navigate to the p2 Install Repository .zip file that you downloaded in step 4. Click OK.
- In the next window, ensure that Group items by category is selected. Select Engineering Workflow Management Client (extend an Eclipse installation).
- Click Next, then Next again in the Install Details window.
After you accept the terms of the license agreement, click Finish.
A security warning window opens during the installation because the Engineering Workflow Management client bundles and features are not signed. Click OK to complete the installation. Click Restart Now when prompted to restart at the end of the installation.
To install language packs for the client, download a Client for Eclipse IDE National Language
Support Pack (NLS pack) from the Engineering Workflow Management download
Tip: NLS Pack 1 contains translations in Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Spanish. NLS pack 2 contains translations in Czech, Hungarian, Polish, and Russian. NLS pack 2a contains translation in Turkish.
- Select to stop the client.
- Extract the language pack .zip file to a folder named dropins under the eclipse directory created in step 2. For example, C:\dev\eclipse-ewm\eclipse\dropins.
- If the system locale for your operating system is already
in the language you want to launch Eclipse in, all you have to do
is to launch Eclipse normally and the language packs will be loaded.
If the system locale is in English and you want to launch Eclipse
in another language, you must launch Eclipse with the -nl command
line argument, for example:
eclipse.exe -nl fr