Installing help on your computer
You can install help content on your computer and access it locally from your product client.
About this task
The help in your product client is configured by default to show content that is dynamically accessed from IBM® Knowledge Center. This configuration, which requires an Internet connection, ensures that you are viewing the most recent version of the help content. To access help locally without an Internet connection, you can disable the remote help connection, download help content, and install it with your product.
- To disable the default remote help connection, click Help section and click Remote Assistance Configuration. . Expand the
- In the Remote Assistance Configuration dialog box, select your product name and click Disable. Select OK.
- In a browser, open the help update site and select the .ZIP file that corresponds to the version of help for your product. Download and save the compressed file to a directory on your computer.
- In your product client, click .
- On the Available Software page, click Add.
- In the Add Repository window, enter help in the Name field. Click Archive and navigate to the location where you downloaded the help. Select the compressed help file and click OK.
- On the Available Software page, select the documentation that you want to install. Click Next to see installation details and accept the terms of the license agreements, as needed. Click Finish.
- In your product client, click .The help is now available in your product locally.