Copying a single test artifact
You can copy a single test artifact to the same project area or to a different project area in the same or another configuration by using the editor for the test artifact.
- Open the test artifact.
- At the top of the page, click the Duplicate () icon.
- In the Duplicating dialog
box, select the project area. By default, the current project area is selected.
- If you selected to copy the artifact to the same project
area as the original artifact, complete the following steps:
The duplicate is created in the current project and configuration.Tip: If configuration management is enabled for your project and the copy also must be duplicated in another configuration, you can use the Compare Configuration command to merge the test artifact into the other configuration. For more information about configuration compare and merge operations, see Comparing and merging test artifacts.
- Select an option for the test artifacts that are associated
with the copy.
- Include links to the same artifacts that the original artifacts link to: By default, links are created in the duplicated artifact to the artifacts that are associated with the original artifact. To prevent these links in the duplicated artifact, select another option.
- Include links to duplicates of the artifacts that the original artifacts link to: Artifacts associated with the duplicated original are also copied and links between the associated duplicates are generated.
- Do not include links to other artifacts: The duplicated artifact is a basic copy and will not contain links to other artifacts.
- Click Finish.
- Select an option for the test artifacts that are associated with the copy.
- If you selected a different project area to copy to, complete
the following steps:
- If configuration management is enabled for your project, select the stream that will contain the copy.
- Click Next.
- If your test artifacts contain fields that must be mapped, in the following pages of the wizard, select the field mapping. The destination project must have an equal or greater number of template and category types than the source project. Select the values in the target project area that correspond to the values in the original project area.
- Click Finish.
When the test artifact is duplicated in the same project area, the new copy opens in the editor. Test artifacts copied to the same project area have Copy of preceding the name. To view an artifact that you duplicated to a different project area, you must log in to the other project area.If you copied test artifacts to the same project area, associated test artifacts are referred to; if you copied test artifacts to a different project area, most associated test artifacts are also copied. For more information about the artifacts that are copied, see Copying test artifacts.