Collecting metrics for historical trends reports
About this task
You create, edit, and enable metric collection tasks on the Data metrics
administration page at
- You can change the task name.
- You can edit the schedule to collect metrics at a different time.
- Choose the configurations that contain the versions of the artifacts you want historical metrics on.
- Select what metrics to gather.
To run this task, click Run now.
To create a data collection task, follow the procedure.
Go to the Data metrics page at
http://<host_name>:<port>/lqe/web/admin/metric-config. On the Lifecycle Query Engine Administration page, find Data metrics in the menu, under Query & report data.
Click New task, and enter the task name.
Schedule the task.
Click Edit to enable the task, and configure the date and time.Important: Collecting data can be resource-intensive. Schedule the task to run when the server isn’t heavily used.
- Select the check box to enable the task.
- Select the days and time. Then, click OK to save.
Add the configurations that contain the versions of the artifacts you want to collect metrics
Remember: Metric collection isn’t automatically enabled for new configurations; you must add new configurations to existing tasks.You can see new configuration added in the Selected configurations section as Newly added configurations.
- Click Add configurations to add a new
configuration. If you don't add any configuration, the task collects metrics from all data.Important: To avoid performance issues, choose only the configurations you want to focus on. If you collect historical metrics from all the data, you end up running resource-intensive data collection jobs for each configuration.
- Select the required domain, project area, component, and configurations. Then, click
- Click Add configurations to add a new configuration.
Choose what metrics to gather by selecting the Enable check box.
- If you want the task to run as scheduled, click Save, or click .
What to do next
If team members choose an LQE-based data source and the Report Builder reports don’t show the artifacts that they expect, show artifacts more than once, or show a different number of artifacts than application views, you can validate the TRS feeds for the application. See Validating TRS feeds and the LQE index.