Creating impact analysis profiles
Before you can perform an impact analysis on artifacts, you must create an impact analysis profile.
About this task
- Restrict links to only upstream or downstream artifacts.
- Upstream links lead to the focus artifacts in an impact analysis.
- Downstream links lead away from the focus artifacts in an impact analysis.
- Restrict the depth of each link followed.
- Restrict the kinds of links that are followed.
- Restrict the kinds of artifacts that are included in the diagram.
- In the main menu, click .
- In the editor, click in the title field and type a unique name for the new profile.
- To specify how the analysis traverses artifacts as it builds
- To include artifacts that are upstream from the focus
artifact, downstream from the focus artifact, or both, set the Traversal list
To learn more about the upstream and downstream settings, hover over the small question marks to read hover help.
You might see artifacts in your analysis that you do not recognize, such as
Architecture Resource. The downstream and upstream impact analysis profiles that come with IBM® Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Engineering Insights (ENI) follow all types of links to all types of artifacts in the index, including those that determine the type of each artifact. (The link is abbreviated
rdf:type, and labeled in diagrams as
rdf:typelinks lead to artifacts that are labeled as
Classin the navigation tree, while
oslc_am:Resourcelinks lead to
Architecture Resourceartifacts. If you see more artifacts that you do not recognize, they are likely other links of this kind.
- Set the depth to control how many node levels you want analyzed by entering a number in the depth field.
- Optional: Set a type for the analysis to find by clicking the Set Depth Based on Type icon. In the Select Type dialog box, set Value to specify the artifact type. The artifact type that you set replaces the depth, and the analysis searches until it finds the type.
- To include artifacts that are upstream from the focus artifact, downstream from the focus artifact, or both, set the Traversal list box.
- Set filters to control which artifacts and links the diagram
can show or ignore. Click the Add Filter icon
and then choose a default filter or a custom filter that was set up
for your team.
The new impact analysis profile is included in the list of available profiles.
Export the profile to another ENI
- In the main menu, click .
- Check the boxes that correspond to the profile names that you want to export.
Click the Export Selected Profiles icon to start the download.
Exporting profiles also exports all Impact Analysis filters that are included in the selected profiles.
This image shows an example of profile settings for a new impact analysis profile.