Finding and organizing reports in Report Builder
Organize and find reports on the All Reports and My Reports pages. To organize reports, use folders or tags, or a mix of both. You can control how reports are listed, and search by folder, tag, or report name or description.
Using folders to organize reports
Folders are an easy way to organize your reports. You can use folders or tags, or a mix of both.
About this task
- Any team member can create folders.
- You can move reports into any folder, but you see only the reports that you own (can modify or delete), created, and all public reports. You can't see private reports created by other people.
- When you group reports by folder:
- Imported reports (such as ready-to-copy and ready-to-use reports) are in the Imported folder.
- Unsaved reports are saved in the Draft folder.
- You can delete a folder only if you can access all its reports.
- A report can be added to at most one folder.
- Create folders: Complete the steps for the type of folder you want:
- Top-level: Click Create a folder .
- Nested: From the Actions menu beside a folder in the list, click Create Folder.
- Move reports or folders: Complete these steps:
Note: When you create a report, you can choose which folder to put it in on the Name and Share tab.
- Select the check box beside each report or folder to move and click Cut .
- Select the check box beside the destination folder and click Paste
To move a report or folder to the top level of the list, don't choose a check box; just click Paste.
If you need a new folder, save your report and go to the All Reports or My Reports page; then, choose Group by folder and use the buttons on the toolbar as described earlier.
- Delete folders: From the Actions menu beside the folder name, choose Delete Folder.
Tag reports to group and organize them. Tags make it easier for people to find a report without knowing which folder they are in. If at least one report with a specific tag is public, the tag becomes a category on the All Reports and My Reports pages, and in the Report Builder catalog in Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) applications. You cannot tag ready-made reports.
Before you begin
- On the All Reports or My Reports page, select the check box for the report to tag.
- Click Add tags to selected reports ().
- Create or select the tags, and then click Add.
You can delete tags that are no longer required.
Before you begin
About this task
- Report authors and owners can remove tags from all the reports that they can edit.
- Report managers can remove tags from all the reports.
On the All Reports or My Reports page, select the
Group by tag option from the Group menu.
- To remove tags from the reports that you created, or that you are an owner of, go to the My Reports page.
- To remove tags from all the reports, go to the All Reports page.
Remove the unnecessary tags.
- To remove a tag from a specific report, in the Actions menu beside
the report, click Remove Tag <Tag Name>.Note: You can also remove tags from reports when you edit them: open the report, and on the Name and share page, remove the tags from the Tags field.
- To remove a tag from all the reports, in the Actions menu beside the tag to be deleted, click Remove Tag <Tag Name>.
- To remove a tag from a specific report, in the Actions menu beside the report, click Remove Tag <Tag Name>.
If you cannot delete a tag because you do not have permission to edit all the reports under this tag, contact a report manager.
Controlling how reports are shown on the All Reports and My Reports pages
You can show reports in alphabetical order, or group them by tags or visibility.
- Group by tag: Each tag is a category. Click the tag name to see the
reports in the category. Reports can have several tags.Note: To see all the tags for a report, in the Actions menu beside the report, click Edit. On the Name and share page of the editor, see the Tags field. You must be the report author, a report owner, or a report manager, and the report must be public.
- Group by sharing: Group the reports based on the sharing option that is applied to the report.
- Order alphabetically: List all the reports that you have access to in alphabetical order. No tag or category information is shown.
Refining the list of reports that you can access
You can refine the list of reports on the All Reports and My Reports pages by applying filters based on visibility, tags, or by typing part of its name, description, or tags.
|Search for reports by name or description||Expand the tags (categories) to search, and in the search field, type a part of the report name or description, or tag name. The search is not case-sensitive.|
|Search for reports by visibility or tag||Click the Filters menu. By default, it is set to Filters:
Report to show all the reports that you can access.
Your selections are shown in the Filters menu. To remove the filters, click the Filters menu and select All from the lists.
|Search for a tag||Type a part of the tag name in the search field.|