Saving test artifacts as PDF files
You can save test artifacts and test artifact summaries as PDF files. Also, using the REST API you can access test scripts and GET an XML representation.
About this task
- Test plans
- Test cases
- Test suites
- Manual and remote test scripts
- Test case and test suite execution records
- Test results
- Test environments
- Lab resource requests
The option to export to a PDF file is available when you view a list of any of these artifacts. You can also save detailed information about test artifacts as a PDF file while the test artifact is open.
- PDF support is available for snapshots of test artifacts.
- If the browser is set to a locale that IBM® Rational® Quality Manager does not translate into, the PDF export feature defaults to using English strings and the English font setting. If the font that is configured for English does not contain the glyphs for the locale that the browser is set to, an administrator must change the English font setting to a more appropriate font. Rational Quality Manager currently translates into these locales: Chinese - Simplified, Chinese - Traditional, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese - Brazilian, Russian, and Spanish.
- If you have linked files on the Rational Team Concert repository to any test artifact, the linked file information will also be displayed in the PDF file.
To save test artifacts as PDF files:
- Open the Browse page for the test
artifact to save. For example, to open the Browse page for test plans, click .Note: You can also save a test artifact to a PDF file while it is open. The Export to PDF icon is to the right of the test artifact name.
- Select the artifacts to include in the PDF file.
- To save one or more test artifacts as PDF files, click the Action Menu for one of the selected artifacts and click Export to PDF. For a summary of all the test artifacts in the list, click the Export to PDF icon in the table header.
- Select one of these options from the menu:
- Export Summary: This report provides an overview of the selected test artifacts.
- Export Details: This report provides more details about the selected test artifacts.
- Export Comprehensive: This report provides the greatest detail about the selected artifacts and follows all related links. For example, in a test plan, this report includes the test plan details and the details of any associated test cases, test suites, manual test scripts, test case execution records, test suite execution records, and test results.
- Export History: This report captures event types and descriptions and attribute changes of the test artifact, such as the weight. (This option is available when an artifact is selected in the table or from the History view when a test artifact is open.)
- Export Options: This command is available when you click Export PDF in the table header of a test script artifact. The command opens a window in which you can customize the generated PDF layout. You can choose either a condensed script step or expanded script step layout. To export the test script, after you select the layout, click Export.
- In the Manage Export Job Queue, click
the PDF name link in the File Name column to
save the PDF file. Note: You can also open the Queue by clicking the Export to PDF icon in the table header. You can also cancel your active export jobs or remove your older jobs from the list. If you have administrative privileges, you can cancel and remove export jobs for other users.
What to do next
Use the REST API to execute a GET with accept text/xml header with this uri: https://yourserver.yourdomain.com:9443/jazz/secure/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/Your+Project+Alias/testscript. Substitute server, port and project alias. This will list all of the scripts within the project alias you specify in the URL. If you get an error message:
"HTTP Status 400 -type Status reportmessagedescription The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect ().Apache Tomcat/5.5.28"
This could mean that the project has been renamed or an incorrect project alias name has been used. A Rational Quality Manager project has a name and an alias. The web interface uses the name for the project reference. On the other hand the REST API uses the alias. You use this REST API to connect to Rational Quality Manager for reporting. Use the following URL of the Rational Quality Manager server to get the information about the alias name: https://host:port/jazz/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/projects. This will list the names of the available projects and aliases.