Creating a Riverbed SteelCentral NetProfiler report template and generating an audit file
To prepare for Riverbed SteelCentral NetProfiler integration with QRadar®, create a report template on the Riverbed SteelCentral NetProfiler and then use a third-party host to generate an audit file. The third-party host must be a system other than the host you use for Riverbed SteelCentral NetProfiler or QRadar.
Before you begin
- Download and install Python from the Python website (https://www.python.org/download/).
- SteelScript for Python
- Download and install the SteelScript for Python SDK from the Riverbed SteelScript for Python website (https://support.riverbed.com/apis/steelscript/index.html). The script generates and downloads an audit file in CSV format. You must periodically run this script.
- Define the audit file report template.
- Log in to your Riverbed SteelCentral NetProfiler host user interface.
- Select .
- Select the criteria that you want to include in the audit file.
- Select a time frame.
- On the right side of the window, click Template.
- Select Save As/Schedule.
- Type a name for the report template.
- To run the report template and generate an audit file,
complete the following steps
- Log in to the third-party host on which you installed Python.
- Type the following command:
$ python ./get_template_as_csv.py <riverbed_host_name> -u admin -p admin -t "<report_template_name>" -o <absolute_path_to_target file>Tip: Record the report template name and file path. You need to use the name to run the report template and when you configure a log source in the QRadarinterface.