Configuring MSGTRK logs for Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007, and 2010
Message Tracking logs created by the Microsoft Exchange Server detail the message activity that takes place on your Microsoft Exchange Server, including the message path information.
About this task
MSGTRK logs are enabled by default on Microsoft Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2010 installations. The following configuration steps are optional.
To enable MSGTRK event logs:
- Start the Exchange Management Console.
Configure your receive connector based on the server type:
- For edge transport servers - In the console tree, select Edge Transport and click Properties.
- For hub transport servers - In the console tree, select Properties. , and then select the server and click
- Click the Log Settings tab.
- Select the Enable message tracking check box.
- Click Apply.
MSGTRK events are now enabled on your Exchange Server.