The OLV command shortcut displays a temporary OLIST of selected volume data sets.
- The volume serial of a disk pack or pattern mask.
- The name of a data set or pattern mask.
- If no operand is specified, a prompt menu is displayed for entering the pattern to populate into the OLIST.
- You can enter OLV at any time from any panel.
- You can search the dataset names in the VTOC of each target volume and the dataset names do not have to be cataloged.
- You can further modify object names directly in the OLIST or by entering a standard EDIT session via the UPD main command.
- You can use OLV in an object oriented Point-and-Shoot fashion, by pointing the cursor at any delimited character string instead of typing the VOLpat argument.
- Displays a temporary OLIST of all data sets residing on volume SYSRES.
- Displays a temporary OLIST of all data sets, residing on volume serials beginning with SCLM, which have names with a high-level qualifier beginning with ISP and ending with PLIB.