The OLN command shortcut displays a temporary OLIST of non-VSAM data sets.
- The name of a data set, high-level qualifier, or pattern mask.
- The volume serial of a disk pack or pattern mask.
- If no operand is specified, a prompt menu is displayed for entering the pattern to populate into the OLIST.
- You can enter OLN at any time from any panel.
- You can further modify object names directly in the OLIST or by entering a standard EDIT session via the UPD main command.
- You can use OLN in an object oriented Point-and-Shoot fashion, by pointing the cursor at any delimited character string instead of typing the DSNpat argument.
- Creates a temporary OLIST of all catalogued sequential and partitioned data sets with names that begin with IQ and are residing on disk volumes with serials that begin with SYS.