The OLG command shortcut displays a temporary OLIST of Generation Data Group data set names.
- The name of a GDG Base, high-level qualifier, or pattern mask.
- If no operand is specified, a prompt menu is displayed for entering the pattern to populate into the list.
- You can enter OLG at any time from any panel.
- You can further modify the object names directly in the OLIST or by entering a standard EDIT session via the UPD main command.
- You can store a temporary OLIST via the SAVE main command into a permanent private OLIST.
- You can use OLG in an object oriented Point-and-Shoot fashion, by pointing the cursor at any delimited character string instead of typing the DSNpat argument.
- Displays a temporary OLIST of all GDG data set names with a high-level qualifier BKUP.
- Displays a temporary OLIST of all GDG data set names with a high-level qualifier that begins with IMS and ends with LOG.