The ISTA command shortcut modifies and executes the ISPF ZSTART command stack variable.
OperandsThis command shortcut has no operand.
Examples of ZSTART
Here is a typical example of ZSTART:
This variable executes the following commands at ISPF startup:
- Main command SDSF to start SDSF in the primary screen.
- ISPL HIST
- DSC command shortcut ISPL HIST to start a new split named HIST and activate the ISPF SWAPBAR.
- DSC command shortcut OH to open a temporary OLIST display of the most recently accessed data sets.
- You can enter ISTA at any time from any panel.
- The character string contained in the ZSTART ISPF PROFILE variable is automatically executed at ISPF startup as a stack of one or more main commands separated by the ; (semicolon) separator.
- ISTA prompts you with a display of the current ZSTART and provides you the option to update or clear ZSTART.