The ISNAP command shortcut writes out DSC in-core trace table to SYSOUT DD(IQITRSNP).
- Writes out a SNAPDUMP of the entire TSO region.
- Writes out a SNAPDUMP of the COMMAREA.
- If no operand is specified, ISNAP writes out the DSC in-core trace table into dynamically allocated SYSOUT DD(IQITRSNP).
- You can enter ISNAP at any time from any panel.
- You should use this command shortcut as instructed by IBM support personnel to generate required test data during an investigation of a customer reported problem.
- The normal diagnostics session procedure is as follows:
- Restart your DSC controlled ISPF session.
- Enter the main command IDIAG TR to start DSC diagnostics.
- Repeat the failing scenario while taking a screen-shot at every step.
- Enter the command shortcut ISNAP to write out the DSC in-core trace table into dynamically allocated SYSOUT text file of DD(IQITRSNP).
- Download the text files DD(IQITRSNP) and DD(IQILOGPR) of your DSC session.
- Transmit the two diagnostics text files along with the screen shots of the failing scenario to IBM FTP site.
- Enter the main command IDIAG ALLOFF to stop all DSC diagnostics.