The IDIAG command shortcut initiates DSC online diagnostics.
- The value of this operand can be TR, SNAP, LOGPR, DEBUG, ALLON, or ALLOFF.
- The value of this operand can be either ON or OFF.
- You can enter IDIAG at any time from any panel.
- You should use this command shortcut as instructed by IBM support personnel to generate required test data during an investigation of a customer reported problem.
- The normal diagnostics session procedure is as follows:
- Restart your DSC controlled ISPF session.
- Enter the main command IDIAG TR to start DSC diagnostics.
- Repeat the failing scenario while taking a screen-shot at every step.
- Enter the command shortcut ISNAP to write out the DSC in-core trace table into dynamically allocated SYSOUT text file of DD(IQITRSNP).
- Download the text files DD(IQITRSNP) and DD(IQILOGPR) of your DSC session.
- Transmit the two diagnostics text files along with the screen shots of the failing scenario to IBM FTP site.
- Enter the main command IDIAG ALLOFF to stop all DSC diagnostics.
- Starts the DSC in-core trace and opens the DSC print log file.
- Starts all DSC diagnostics facilities.
- Displays the current status of DSC diagnostics.