The ED command shortcut edits VSAM or non-VSAM files via the designated "Object Handler".
- The name or pattern mask of a data set.
- The name or pattern mask of a partitioned member.
- You can enter ED at any time from any panel.
- The DSC designated "Object Handler" is determined based on the "Object Class" of the target object.
- The DSC designated "Object Handler" of a partitioned library is the DSC MSL (Member Selection List) manager function.
- You must specify the DSC designated "VSAM Handler" name via the IQIWIZRD customization wizard.
- You can use ED in an object oriented Point-and-Shoot fashion, by pointing the cursor at any delimited character string instead of typing the DSNpat argument.
- Edits the VSAM file 'IQI.V9R1.GLOBAL.CSI'.
- Edits member names that begin with IQI in the partitioned library DEV.ASM.
- Edits the zUnix file
- Displays the DSC MSL EDIT main menu.