Example 10: Consecutively copy multiple members to a sequential data set
//JOB0010 JOB ... //MERGE EXEC PGM=IQIBUTIL //STEPLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=IQI.SIQILOAD //IQIBUDFL DD DISP=SHR,DSN=IQI.SIQIPLIB //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=* //INPDSE DD DISP=SHR,DSN=INXY025.RELEASE.DOCLIB //WORKDOC DD DISP=OLD,DSN=INXY025.WORKDOC //BKUPDOCS DD DISP=OLD,DSN=INXY025.VB255.BKUPDOCS //PRINTDOC DD SYSOUT=X //SYSIN DD * S1 COPYSEQ I=((INPDSE,R)),O=WORKDOC, HEADER=ADD S M=REPORT3,REPORT2,REPORT1, INTRO* EXCLUDE M=INTRO9* S2 COPYSEQ O=PRINTDOC, INDSN=INXY025.WORKDOC S3 COPYSEQ I=INPDSE,O=BKUPDOCS,HEADER=ADD /*
In this example:
- All members with names that begin with "INTRO" are consecutively copied, except those that begin with "INTRO9".
- Then members REPORT1, REPORT2, and REPORT3 are copied. Each copied member is preceded with a corresponding IEBUPDTE "./ ADD NAME=..." control statement.
- The copied members output data set INXY025.WORKDOC is printed.
- All members from the input library are copied into an output sequential data set of a different record format, while an IEBUPDTE control statement of ./ ADD NAME=<member_name>,LIST=ALL is inserted in front of each copied member.
- Due to the REPLACE option, specified in the INDD parameter, the data set attributes RECFM, LRECL, and BLKSIZE of INXY025.WORKDOC are replaced with the same attributes of data set INXY025.RELEASE.DOCLIB.
- The selected members are copied in ascending order of member names, regardless of their selection order.