The point-and-shoot interface of MSL
The following figure shows a typical MSL panel. The list after the screen describes what happens when the corresponding cursor-sensitive field is clicked:
- BROWSE L1 A
- Changes the current default cyclically through BROWSE, EDIT, and
L1shows the nesting level.
- ---- SPIFFY.IBM.JCL ------------------------- B
- Displays a nested OLIST History display, where you can review or process recently accessed data sets. When you exit this temporary OLIST (PF3), you return to the MSL.
- FILTER*EXCLUDE*SORT*SHOW* C
- Tailoring messages. Shows the conditions that have been applied to the MSL member list. By clicking a condition, you remove it. For example, if you click *FILTER*, you remove the filter applied to the MSL.
- 97 HIDDEN D
- The number of members not currently in the displayed list. (This field is for information only. No action happens if you click it.)
- NAME PROMPT LIB VV.MM CHANGED SIZE USERID E
- Clicking a column heading sorts the list by the values in that
column, and adds
*SORT*to the tailoring messages. The current sort column heading is highlighted. To sort in the default order (NAME), click the NAME field, or click the *SORT* tailoring message.