The TAG (or
+) main command places a character
string in the PROMPT field of the member list of members that match the
specified name or pattern.
- The name of the member in the current member selection list.
- A member name pattern using the wildcard characters
- A character string of up to seven characters with no embedded blanks to be placed in the PROMPT field of the specified member, or all members matching the specified
If this parameter is omitted, the current tag is to be removed.
- After the tag is applied as specified, filter the member list to display only those members having the specified tag (including members with this tag as a result of prior invocations of the TAG command).
- A member tag is a non-blank label that is preceded by a plus sign (+) in the PROMPT column. A string that is preceded by a hyphen (-) is a comment, not tag.
- Only after executing a TAG command, a member entry with non-blank data in the PROMPT column is considered tagged.
- The Filter option invokes command
FILTER TAG tagafter tagging all selected members.
The specified tag is placed in the feedback message field.
TAG IQI* DSC
- Sets tag
+DSCto all the members with a name that starts with
+ TST* DBG F
- Sets tag
+DBGto all the members with a name that starts with
TST, and hide all the other members from display.
- Removes all the tags in the current member selection list.
DBGlabel, and removes the tag of member DRIVER23:
NAME PROMPT + DRIVER01 DBG + DRIVER23