The SUBMIT command submits the current member or data set or a specified member in the same library as a batch job.
- The name of a member in the current library. If no member_name is specified, the current member or data set is submitted.
- An EDIT label range.
- Indicates that only the excluded (non-displayed) lines are to be submitted.
- Indicates that only the non-excluded (displayed) lines are to be submitted.
Note: If both X and NX are omitted, both the excluded and non-excluded lines are to be submitted.
- This command is implemented as an EDIT MACRO, which can be disabled
by using the
ISET EDcommand shortcut.
- The submitted data is expected to be a valid JCL job.
- Submits all the edited lines.
- Submits the member that is named JOB3.
SUB 1 10 NX
- Submits all the non-excluded (displayed) lines from line 1 - line 10.