The EXPDIR command is used to expand the directory of the PDS library being edited, thereby allowing it to contain more members. It is to be distinguished from the MSL EXPDIR command, which is used to expand any PDS library in the hierarchy.
- The value of this operand can be BLOCKS, BLKS, or B.
- The number of blocks by which the directory is to be expanded. If no number is specified, the default is 1.
- The EXPDIR command is applicable only to PDS libraries.
- One block is enough for 5 members with ISPF statistics or 20 members without statistics.
- Expands the current directory by one block.
EXPDIR BLKS 3
- Expands the current directory by three blocks.