Main command Delete can be used to delete one or more members. Line command D can be used to delete a listed member.
- The name of the member in the current member list to be deleted. When it is a distinct name of a member with member generations in a PDSE library, you are prompted to delete one relative generation or all generations.
- A member name pattern using the wildcard characters
- A keyword indicating that the delete prompt panel is not to be
NOCONFIRMis a synonym for
- By default, a confirmation panel is displayed before any deletion takes place.
- With the proper authority, you can delete any member in the current library concatenation.
|-DELETED||The member was deleted.|
|-IO ERR||An input/output error occurred in reading the directory of the library or the member itself.|
|-NO AUTH||Since you began working, your access to the library has been revoked.|
|-REVEALD||Another member with the same name was found in a higher-level library, and is now being displayed in the MSL instead of the deleted one.|
D TST NOPROMPT
- Deletes member TST without a confirmation prompt.
- Asks for confirmation to delete all the members in the current library.
NAME PROMPT D JUNK NOCONFIRM