Main command Browse can be used to browse one or more members. Line command B can be used to browse a listed member.
- The name of the member in the current member list.
- A member name pattern using the wildcard characters
- Invoke the installation-defined data editor (for example, a VSAM editor) to process this member.
Bis the MSL default action, to invoke the Browse process, perform a Point-and-Shoot action at the target member name, or use the SELECT main command.
- Different data browsers are supported, usually for VSAM files.
- Any PDSE member generation can be browsed.
|BROWSED||The member was browsed.|
|DELETED||The member was deleted before the BROWSE operation was initiated.|
|IO ERR||An input/output error occurred in reading the directory of the library or the member itself.|
|NO AUTH||Since you began working, your access to the library has been revoked.|
ExamplesThe following example uses the B line command to browse member MEMBER03:
NAME PROMPT B MEMBER03