Monitoring system health
You can monitor the health of your DS8000 storage system in real time by viewing the status of hardware components, errors, and alerting events in the DS8000 Storage Management GUI.
The DS8000 Storage Management GUI provides the following tools to help you monitor the health of your storage system.
- Hardware alerts
- Use the Hardware View on the Dashboard page to view the state and properties of each hardware component in the storage system. Use the image of the system to view the properties of a hardware component by hovering over the component. Click a storage enclosure or I/O enclosure to open a detailed display and view the current state. Hardware components that need attention are highlighted.
- Changes that affect the usable and used capacity of the storage system are displayed in the Capacity pod at the bottom of the Dashboard page. Click the Capacity pod to go to the Arrays by Pool page.
- I/O throughput is displayed in the Performance pod at the bottom of the Dashboard page. You can also use the Dashboard page to view recent performance values for system latency, bandwidth, and IOPS. Use the Performance page to create history graphs for the storage system, pools, and I/O ports. Use the Network settings page to view Fibre Channel port error rates.
- System health
- Use the System Health View on the Dashboard page to view the state and quantity of system components. Click a component category to view details about the components and to view properties or events for a single component. If a component has an alert message, the location code and status of the component are displayed.
- Alerting events
- Error and warning alerts are displayed in the alerts and events icon in the upper-right corner of the DS8000 Storage Management GUI. Use the Events page to view event details.