Enabling host system I/O
After you configure your storage system, configure the host system to send I/O to the DS8000.
About this task
To see current information on servers, operating systems, I/O adapters, and connectivity products that are supported by the DS8000 series, search the interoperability matrix at the IBM® System Storage® Interoperation Center (SSIC) website .
- Verify and update the supported fabric switch firmware.
- Create your storage area network (SAN) zones and assign them to the appropriate zone sets.
- Verify and update the host adapter firmware on the host system.
- Install, verify, and update the host failover multipath device driver on the host system.
- If necessary, reconfigure or restart the host system.
- Verify that the host system can access the DS8000 volumes that are assigned to it.