A device adapter is an I/O adapter that transfers data to and from the storage devices within the system.
Device adapter properties
- The ID number for the device adapter.
- I/O Enclosure
- The number of the I/O enclosure that contains the device adapter.
- The number of the frame that contains the device adapter.
- The current state of the device adapter as follows:
- The device adapter is operating normally.
- Service required
- The device adapter is online but requires service. A call home was initiated to IBM® Hardware Support.
- Service in progress
- The device adapter is being serviced.
- The device adapter requires service. A call home was initiated to IBM Hardware Support.
- DA pair
- The identifier of the device adapter pair that the device adapter belongs to.
- The serial number of the device adapter.
- Location Code
- A unique value that is assigned by the storage system to identify the component.