Specifying the account that the service will log on as
You must specify the account under which the Db2 Query Monitor Windows Service will log on.
About this task
The following requirements apply to that account:
- The account must have sufficient privilege to start a Windows Service on the PC which the Primary CAE Server or Backup CAE Server is installed (one way to achieve this is to add the user to the Administrators group on the machine that the service will run on).
- The account must have authority to read from and write to the mapped network drive into which the Primary CAE Server or the Backup CAE Server is being installed.
- We strongly recommend that the PC in question be a member of a Windows domain. We also recommend that the user belong to the same windows domain and have administrator privileges on the machine on which the Primary CAE Server or Backup CAE Server is to be started.
- We recommend that the PC providing the share be in the same Windows domain. The share in question must have read/write authority for the Primary CAE Server and Backup CAE Server.
- Right-click the My Computer icon
on your desktop and select Manage.
The Computer Management window displays.
- Expand the Services and Applications node of the tree structure displayed in the left panel.
- Highlight the Services node to display Windows Services in the right panel of the Computer Management window.
- Select the This account option.
- Type the account name in the box to the right of the This account option.
- Type the password in the Password and Confirm password boxes.
- Click OK.