Selecting a CAE Server for ISPF view of data sharing group
When you access the QM Subsystem Discovery panel you are directed to the CAE Selection panel where you can select a CAE Server to use for cross-system support.
About this task
The ISPF view of data sharing group feature allows you to share Db2 Query Monitor data from one Query Monitor Subsystem with another Query Monitor Subsystem using the CAE Server and TCP/IP. When the ISPF Client connects to the CAE Agent, the CAE Agent uses the CQMCPRMS start up parameters SERVER_ADDRESS and SERVER_PORT to connect to the CAE Server, making it possible to see data across your data sharing group.
You have the option to view the Db2 Query Monitor data from the perspective of a single Db2 subsystem or a Db2 data sharing group. You can view Db2 Query Monitor data from both current and prior intervals.
The data sharing group displays on the QM Subsystem Discovery panel. If you select the data sharing group name, Db2 Query Monitor combines all the data from the members into a single view.
If a data sharing group is chosen instead of a Query Monitor Subsystem, all the data is displayed as if the data sharing group is a Query Monitor Subsystem that spans multiple z/OS® images.
The first time you access the QM Subsystem Discovery panel, you will be prompted to select a CAE Server and CAE Agent pair. Your selection will be saved for future ISPF sessions.
You are directed to the CAE Selection panel if any of the following apply:
- You have not previously chosen a CAE Agent for ISPF view of data sharing group via the CAE Selection panel.
- Your previous choice of CAE Agent for ISPF view of data sharing group is not currently available.
- You enter the CLEARCAE command on the main menu. The CLEARCAE command enables you to clear the previously selected CAE Agent.
- After selecting the CAE Server, your selection will be saved for future ISPF sessions.
- To clear the selected CAE Server, enter the CLEARCAE command on the main menu.
- If no CAE Servers are currently available, you will be directed to the QM Subsystem Discovery panel without first seeing the CAE Selection panel. In this case your previous choice of CAE Server is preserved.
- CAE Server Name
- The CAE Server name and CAE Server port that the CAE Agent tries to connect to.
- The port that the CAE Agent uses to connect to the ISPF Client.
- Clear the previously selected CAE Server. After issuing the CLEARCAE command, you can access the CAE Selection panel and select another CAE Server by typing a ? in the Query Monitor Target field.
- S (Select)
- Select a CAE
Agent to connect to a
Server. Allows ISPF view of data
sharing group.Note: Only up to 6 CAE Agents with different agent names are supported for selection on the panel. Connection to additional CAE Agents can be done only by direct command.