Adding a staging table connection
Follow these steps to add a connection to the Db2 subsystem on which your staging table resides.
- From any window within the CAE Browser Client select Activity Browser > Application Menu > Query Tuning > Manage Staging Tables.
- Click Add.
- Click Next.
- Specify the naming convention and the connection.
- Use Default Naming Convention
- Select this checkbox to use the default naming convention for the new Db2 connection. The default naming convention is to use the location name of the Db2 as the name of the connection. If you select the Use Default Naming Conventions checkbox, the connection name field is entered automatically when you configure the connection information.
- Connection Name
- If you do not select the Use Default Naming Conventions checkbox, you must type a connection name in this field.
- Specify the connection information. You can specify connection information by choosing a Db2 subsystem from a list (in this case, the connection information is populated automatically) or by entering connection information manually. Select the Choose DB2 From List tab to choose a Db2 subsystem from a list or select the Enter Connection Information tab to enter connection information manually. Connection information for these tabs includes some or all of the following:
- The z/OS® system on which the Db2 subsystem is installed.
- The Db2 subsystem.
- The location name associated with the Db2 subsystem.
- The host name used to connect to the Db2 subsystem.
- The port used to connect to the Db2 subsystem.
- In the Schema box, type the schema for the connection.
- Click Next. The CAE Browser Client checks for staging tables with the schema you specified. The following scenarios are possible:
- If the specified Db2 has staging tables with the same schema name, the dialog box indicates this and you can use those tables for your connections. To do so, click Finish. Multiple users can use the same staging tables.
- If the staging tables do not exist or you want to further configure them, see Creating staging tables using the CAE Browser Client.