Using the main menu
Use the IBM® Db2 Query Monitor main menu to access the product's main functions.
Execute the Db2 Query Monitor CLIST to access the IBM Db2 Query Monitor main menu:
The main menu shows the following fields:
- Query Monitor Target
- The Query Monitor Subsystem ID being used with the current ISPF session. You can either type a Query Monitor Subsystem ID directly into this field or select from a list of available Query Monitor Subsystems. Enter ? in this field to select a Query Monitor Subsystem from a list.
- The user ID of the user who is currently operating the product.
- The version and release of Db2 Query Monitor currently running.
The main menu provides the following options:
- 0 - Settings
- Set ISPF dialog options (whether or not to allow letter-style options, issue sort warnings, unstack to prior level in summaries, or dump on first error).
- 1 - View Activity Summaries
- Access and refine your view of your system's query activity.
- 2 - View SQLCODEs
- View the expanded text description for an SQLCODE that is supplied by the IBM utility program DSNTIAR.
- 3 - View Current® Activity
- Display active statements that Db2 is currently executing.
- 4 - View DB2 Command Activity
- View information about the execution of Db2 commands throughout monitored systems.
- 5 - View Exceptions
- View collected information about your system's SQL-related exceptional events (SQL text, object details, lock events, delay events, calls, and buffer pools).
- 6 - Work with Monitoring Agents
- Activate and deactivate monitoring agents for the current Query Monitor Subsystem. View, change, or refresh the monitoring profiles associated with monitoring agents.
- 7 - Setup
- Specify system parameters such as the Db2 Control File, Db2 Query Monitor plan, ZPARM, BSDS, and load library information.
- 8 - Work with Profiles
- Create new monitoring profiles. Copy, update, rename, or view existing monitoring profiles.
- 9 - Exit Query Monitor
- Exit Db2 Query Monitor.
The main menu supports the following commands:
- Clear the previously selected CAE Server. After issuing the CLEARCAE command, you can access the CAE Selection panel and select another CAE Server by typing a ? in the Query Monitor Target field.