Installing a single CAE Server - Windows
Follow these steps to perform a standard installation of the CAE Server on Windows.
- Obtain the necessary setup executable files. For more information, see Transferring the necessary set up executable files to a Windows PC.
- Stop any Db2 Query Monitor services (or other KBM services such as that of IBM®/Tivoli® Storage Optimizer) that are currently running prior to launching the installation program. If a Db2 Query Monitor service (or other KBM service such as that of IBM/Tivoli Storage Optimizer) is running, the installation wizard will display a message indicating you must quit the install and shut down all Db2 Query Monitor processes prior to reattempting the installation.
Download IBM Semeru Runtime Open Edition 11 by
clicking the msi link next to JRE and install it.
Note: During the installation of the CAE server, you need to specify the install location of the IBM Semeru Runtime.
- Launch the installer. You specified the name of the installer when you transferred it to your PC. For example, cqmcaeal.exe.
- Click Next.
- Specify the location to which you would like to install Db2 Query Monitor and click Next.
- Specify where you would like to create product icons and
Valid options include:
- In a new program group
- Creates a new program group (accessible via the Start > Programs menu) to hold your product icons. Specify the new program group label in the box.
- In an existing program group
- Places product icons into an existing program group (accessible from the Start > Programs menu). Select the program group from your existing program groups.
- In the Start menu
- Places product icons in the Start menu.
- On the desktop
- Places product icons on the desktop.
- In the Quick Launch bar
- Places product icons in the Quick Launch bar.
- Places product icons in a location of your choosing.
- Don't create icons
- No product icons are created.
- Create icons for all users
- Icons are created for all users in the chosen location.
Choose whether to import a secure socket certificate file, allow Db2 Query
Monitor to create a host-based certificate or use a
default localhost certificate.
The following options are available:
Note: Contact your network and or security administrators if you need assistance obtaining certificates for the CAE Server.
- Import certificate
- The browser behavior depends on the quality and appropriateness of the certificate that is imported.
- Create certificate
- This option enables you to specify the hostname (Db2 Query Monitor attempts to present a good default). If the browser user specifies that host the only warning should be about the self-signing.
- Use default localhost certificate
- This option causes the browser to warn users about the hostname mismatch with the certificate. The browser will also warn users that it is being self-signed.
- Click Next.
If you specified Import Certificate, you are prompted to enter the certificate file location.
If you specified Create Certificate, you are prompted to enter the host name for the certificate.
If you specified Use Default Localhost, you receive a warning message about the self-signed certificate request.
To clear the message, click OK.
- If you have a prior installation of Db2 Query Monitor from which you wish to import data, click Yes and specify the location of the prior installation. Click Next.
- A pre-installation summary displays a list of the location,
features, and size of the intended installation.
Verify that all items are correct and, if so, click Install. If corrections are required, click Previous to re-specify installation parameters.
- When the installation has completed, an Install Complete panel displays a summary of the installation. Click Done to quit the installer.