Adding a union-based scope
For a union-based scope, select the individual scopes that the new (union) scope comprises.
About this task
Note: The selection of both a parent and child scope in the creation of a union scope is not valid because the parent scope already encompasses the child scope, thus making a “union” of the two inapplicable. For example, since “Everything” is the parent to all other scopes, it cannot be selected when defining a union scope because it is redundant to attempt to create a union between “Everything” and a child scope which is already included in “Everything”.
- Access Actions Configuration from your CAE Browser Client home page by clicking Configuration > Scopes.
- Select the appropriate tab, Elements or Events.
- Press the Add button.
- Select Union Based Scope. The Scopes dialog box displays.
- Type the scope's name, then press OK.
The following options display:
- Scope list
- Displays an expandable hierarchical list of existing scopes with a check box for each scope that enables you to select at least two scopes on which to base the union scope.
- Keep private
- Marks the scope as private.
- (Optional) Enables you to specify a description of the scope. Comment text is not part of the scope definition.
- Expand the tree structure to locate and select the individual scopes that you want to include in the union scope.
- Specify whether or not you want to keep the scope private.
- (Optional) Type a comment to describe the scope in the Comments box.
- Click Apply to save the union-based scope.