Adding a response
Add a response to define how Db2 Query Monitor responds automatically to events. The definition of a response requires you to first select a scope and an event that affects that scope, then select an action that addresses that event for that scope.
About this task
For an action to be listed in a response the scope of the response must have a subject type that is at least as restrictive (“subject is a xxxx”) as the subject type chosen for the action. For example:
- Subject Type in the Action: Db2SqlStatement
- Scope in the Response (“Response applies to events on these Domain Elements”): Db2SqlStatement
The Response applies to field of the response should be set to Event Types with a selection in the tree that is at least as restrictive as the event type selected in the action.
- From any window within the CAE Browser Client, click Configuration > Responses.
- Press the Add button.
- Type a name for the response and press OK.
- Select the Domain Elements & Event Types tab.
- Enable or disable the response by selecting or deselecting the Enabled box.
- Click the combo-box button under the Response
Applies to Events on These Domain Elements heading.
The Select a Scope window displays. The following controls are available:
- Alphabetical mode
- Enables you to toggle the way in which scopes are listed. By default, the hierarchical view lists scopes in a tree, organized hierarchically according to the domain elements that each scope encompasses. When you press the alphabetical mode button, scopes display as a flat list of domain element scopes, sorted alphabetically by name.
- Show/hide private scopes
- Displays/hides private scopes.
- Enables you to search for a scope based on the text you type. The scopes list is updated immediately to reflect the results that apply to the text as you type it.
- Scopes list
- A list of scopes from which you can select those to which the response is to apply.
- Select the scope of interest and click OK.
- In the Response Applies To field, select Event Types or Event Scopes.
- Use the tree to locate the event type (or event scope) for which you want the response to apply.
- Click the Actions to Execute tab.
- Select the appropriate options in the Response
is Triggered When section. The following options are available:
- An event is posted
- Triggers a response when an event has been posted to the message board.
- An event is acknowledged
- Triggers a response when an event is acknowledged by a user.
- An acknowledged event is unacknowledged
- Triggers a response when an event that was previously acknowledged by a user is unacknowledged.
- An event is cleared
- Triggers a response when an event is removed from the message board.
- The priority of an event changes
- Triggers a response when the priority level associated with an event is altered.
- The repetition count of an event increments
- Triggers a response when the event has taken place again, thus the number of times the event has occurred is incremented.
- The alert status of an element has changed
- Triggers a response when the alert status of an element is raised or lowered.
- An event is restored
- Triggers a response when an event is restored to the message board.
- An event is correlated
- Triggers a response when the event is correlated.
- Select the appropriate options in the Execute the Following Actions section. The options displayed in this section include those actions that are valid for the currently specified scope.
- Press the Apply button.