Defining Db2 Query Monitor parameters
Db2® Query Monitor parameters are specific to Db2 Query Monitor.
About this task
If you ran the Db2 Query Monitor Discover EXEC, you must review the parameters that were discovered.
- Specify E next to
parameters field on the Customizer
Workplace panel, and press Enter. The Product Parameters panel is displayed, as shown in the following figure. If other steps must be completed in a specific sequence before you define the Db2 Query Monitor parameters, a note labeled Important will display the correct sequence on this panel.
You can use the following primary commands on this panel:
- Saves the specified product or component parameter values.
- VERIFY / VERIFYOFF
- Use the VERIFY and VERIFYOFF commands to turn on and off parameter verification of product or
component parameters. Before you can generate customization jobs, you must verify that all required
parameters are set to a valid value. The product or component parameter status of
Verify Valueson the Customize Workplace panel indicates that the values have not been verified.
Enter these commands either by typing them in the command field and pressing Enter or by positioning the cursor on the command and pressing Enter. When VERIFY is active, VERIFYOFF is displayed so that you can toggle between the two states. By default, verification is turned on when you display the DB2 Parameters panel, and the verification state is reset to VERIFY every time you exit the Customization Workplace panel by pressing PF3.
Turning verification off is useful when you need to exit the panel before you have entered all of the required parameters, but you want to save the parameters that you have specified. When you disable verification, it is disabled only for the Product or Component Parameters Values panel.
- Select any required tasks and steps, and specify values
for any parameters. After you select a task or step with a slash (/),
put the cursor in the selected field and press Enter. If tasks, steps, and parameters are required, they are preselected with a slash (/). Otherwise, they are not preselected.
All of the required parameters have default values, which you can either accept or change.Tips:
- In the command line, specify the KEYS command, and map EXPAND to one of the function keys.
- For a detailed description of all input fields, put the cursor in the field, and press F1 or the key that is mapped to Help.
- The following elements apply to specific fields:
- Add is displayed when parameters can have multiple values but currently have only one value. To specify multiple values in these fields, place the cursor on Add, and press Enter. Use the displayed panel to add or delete additional values.
- List is displayed when the complete list of valid values for the fields is too long to be displayed on the panel. To see the complete list of values, place the cursor on List, and press F1 or the key that is mapped to Help.
- More is displayed when input fields contain multiple values. To see all of the values in the field, place the cursor on More, and press Enter.
- Optional: Select other tasks and steps with a slash (/) and press Enter to activate the input fields. Either accept or change the default values that are displayed.
- Press End to save your changes and exit, or issue the SAVE command to save your changes and stay on the Product Parameters panel.