Defining Db2 parameters
Db2® parameters are parameters for a Db2 entry.
About this task
- Specify E next to one or more Db2 entries in the associated list,
which is in the Associated Db2 Entries
and Parameter Status section on the Customizer Workplace panel,
and press Enter. The DB2 Parameters panel is displayed, as shown in the following figure:
You can use the following primary commands on this panel:
- Saves the specified product or component parameter values.
- VERIFY / VERIFYOFF
- Use the VERIFY and VERIFYOFF commands to turn on and off parameter
verification of Db2 parameters. Before you can generate
customization jobs, you must verify that all required parameters are
set to a valid value. The Db2 parameter status of
Verify Valueson the Customize Workplace panel indicates that the values have not been verified.
Enter these commands either by typing them in the command field and pressing Enter or by positioning the cursor on the command and pressing Enter. When VERIFY is active, VERIFYOFF is displayed so that you can toggle between the two states. By default, verification is turned on when you display the DB2 Parameters panel, and the verification state is reset to VERIFY every time you exit the Customization Workplace panel by pressing PF3.
Turning verification off is useful when you need to exit the panel before you have entered all of the required parameters, but you want to save the parameters that you have specified. When you disable verification, it is disabled only for the DB2 Parameters Values panel.
- Specify values for all parameters that are displayed.
- In the command line, specify the KEYS command, and map EXPAND to one of the function keys.
- For a detailed description of all input fields, put the cursor in the field, and press F1 or the key that is mapped to Help.
- The following elements apply to specific fields:
- Add is displayed when parameters can have multiple values but currently have only one value. To specify multiple values in these fields, place the cursor on Add, and press Enter. Use the displayed panel to add or delete additional values.
- List is displayed when the complete list of valid values for the fields is too long to be displayed on the panel. To see the complete list of values, place the cursor on List, and press F1 or the key that is mapped to Help.
- More is displayed when input fields contain multiple values. To see all of the values in the field, place the cursor on More, and press Enter.
Many parameters have default values, which you can either accept or change.
- Press End to save your changes and exit, or issue the SAVE command to save your changes and stay on the same panel.