Discovering Db2 Query Monitor information automatically
You can use the Db2® Query Monitor Discover EXEC to discover information from a previous or current customization of Db2 Query Monitor.
About this task
Db2 Query Monitor provides the Discover EXEC that you will run. Therefore, the information that can be discovered depends on Db2 Query Monitor.
Parameter values that are discovered and parameter values that are specified manually are saved in the data store. If parameter values for the product that you want to customize exist in the data store, Tools Customizer issues a warning before existing values are replaced.
- On the Customizer Workplace panel,
issue the DISCOVER command. If you chose to run the Db2 Query Monitor Discover EXEC on the pop-up panel after you specified the product to customize, skip this step.Tip: You can run any Tools Customizer primary command by using either of the following methods:
The Discover Customized Product Information panel is displayed, as shown in the following figure:
- Place the cursor on the name of the primary command, and press Enter.
- Type the primary command name in the command line, and press Enter.
- Either accept the default values for the following input
fields that Tools Customizer generates,
or replace the default values with your own values:
- Discover EXEC library
- The fully qualified data set name that contains the Db2 Query Monitor Discover EXEC.
- Discover EXEC name
- The name of the Db2 Query Monitor Discover EXEC.
- Discover output data set
- The fully qualified data set where output from the Db2 Query Monitor Discover EXEC is stored.
- Either accept or change the default values in the Information
for Discover EXEC fields. These fields are generated by Db2 Query Monitor. They show the information that is required to run the Db2 Query Monitor Discover EXEC.
- Issue the RUN command to run the Db2 Query
Monitor Discover EXEC. Alternatively, save your information without running the Db2 Query Monitor Discover EXEC by issuing the SAVE command.If you issue the RUN command to run the Db2 Query Monitor Discover EXEC, the parameter information is discovered for Db2 Query Monitor, and the Customizer Workplace panel is displayed.
What to do next
- If Db2 entries were not discovered, or if you need to customize Db2 Query Monitor on new Db2 entries, create and associate the entries.
- If Db2 entries were discovered and you want to customize Db2 Query Monitor on only these entries, define the parameters.