Viewing host variables for an exception
Follow these steps to view host variables for an exception.
- On the DB2 Query Monitor main menu, type 5 in the Option field and press Enter.
- Locate the exception for which you want to view host variable information.
Type H in the CMD field next to the SQL activity of interest and press
The Input Host Variables panel is displayed:Note: Db2 Query Monitor does not collect host variables in native stored procedures. Db2 Query Monitor does collect information about the running of native stored procedures such as elapse time, etc.
These columns display on the Input Host Variables panel:
- A line number used to identify a host variable in the list of host variables.
- The data type of the host variable (CHARACTER, INTEGER, NUMBER, etc.).
- Indicates whether or not the host variable data is null. Valid values are:
- Not null.
- The length of the data retrieved for the host variable.
- The data retrieved for the host variable.