Compatible releases and maintenance levels
Verify that you are using compatible releases and maintenance levels for products that use the IBM® Db2 Data Access Common Collector for z/OS.
The following matrix shows the compatible version and release combinations of:
- IBM Db2 Query Monitor for z/OS
- Security Guardium S-TAP for Db2 on z/OS
The following product abbreviations are used:
- IBM Db2 Data Access Common Collector for z/OS V1.1: CQC V1.1
- IBM Db2 Query Monitor for z/OS V3.4: CQM V3.4
- Security Guardium S-TAP for Db2 on z/OS V10.1.3: ADH V10.1.3
- Security Guardium S-TAP for Db2 on z/OS V11.3: ADH V11.3
|---||CQM V3.4||ADH V10.1.3||ADH V11.3|
- The two product releases are not compatible.
- The two products releases can coexist on the same LPAR (provided they use a different MASTER_PROCNAME value) but cannot be active on the same Db2 subsystem.
- The two products releases can coexist on the same LPAR and can both be active on the same Db2 subsystem.
Important restrictions and considerations
- Different versions of CQM cannot monitor the same Db2 subsystem at the same time.
- In order for CQM and ADH to run in shared collector mode on a given Db2 subsystem, you must enable the products to share a main address space by specifying the same MASTER_PROCNAME value in the CQM and ADH start-up parameters.
- In order for different versions of CQM to run on the same LPAR, you must ensure they do not share a main address space. To do this, you must specify different values for MASTER_PROCNAME in the start-up parameters for the different versions.
- The MASTER_PROCNAME parameter is required for the following:
- CQM V3.4