Using the data table
Follow these steps to view and navigate the data that is displayed in the Activity Browser using the data table.
- From any window within the CAE Browser Client, click Activity Browser.
- Click Sources and select the appropriate Query Monitor Subsystem or archive
- CQM Subsystems
- Connect to a Query Monitor Subsystem.
- Private / Shared Archive Connections
- Connect to an archive connection.
- Create New
- Create a new archive connection.
- Manage an existing archive connection.
- Click Target and select the appropriate
- [SYS:QMID] - SSIDs
- The target system, Query Monitor Subsystem, and Db2 subsystem combination.
Each target is listed using the following format:
- The system (sysname).Note: In the CAE, the sysname of a system is its identifier. If you change the address (DNS name or IP address) of a system, but do not change the sysname, then all new alerts associated with the sysname are considered to occur on the same system as the alerts that occurred on the system before the change. If you keep the address the same but change the sysname, it is considered a new system.
- The Query Monitor Subsystem.
- The Db2 subsystem.
- [DSGroup] - SSIDs
- Data sharing groups are displayed after the Query Monitor Subsystems (a
solid black line divides the Query Monitor Subsystems from
the data sharing groups in the drop-down list). Each
data sharing group is listed using the following format:
- The data sharing group name.
- The Db2 subsystem.
- Use the Intervals controls to select
the intervals of interest.
- From the Intervals lists, select a starting and an ending interval.
- Use the Up and Down buttons to navigate intervals in a step-wise manner.
- Select specific intervals by clicking the Show Interval Manager button and selecting the check boxes next to the intervals of interest.
- (Optional) From the Filters list, select the filter you want to use.
- From the Perspectives list, select
the appropriate perspective.
- Select Summaries to view and drill down through your system's query activity.
- Select Current Activity to display active statements currently being executed by Db2.
- Select Exceptions to view the exceptional events for your monitored Db2 subsystems.
- Select SQLCODES to view SQLCODES for your monitored Db2 subsystems.
- Select DB2 Commands to view information about the execution of Db2 commands for your monitored Db2 subsystems.
- From the Command list (for the line of interest in the data table), select the appropriate line command. Alternatively, you can type the line command directly into the Command field and click Run.