Adding an SNMPv2 notification
You can add an action that will send a Simple Network Management Protocol Version 2 (SNMPv2) notification.
- From any window in the CAE Browser Client, click .
Highlight the action group to which you want to add the action.
A sample SNMP v2 Alert Notification CAE-Server-based actions is included in the CAE Browser Client.
- Click .
- In the Enter Name field, type a name for the action.
- Click OK.
- In the Action Group field, select the CAE Server-based actions action group.
- In the Subject Type field, select the appropriate subject type against which the action is to be executed.
- In the Event Type field, select the appropriate event type for which the action is to be executed.
- In the Related Event Type field, select the related event type for which the action is to be executed.
- In the Target Host field, type the IP address or DNS name of the host to which the traps are to be sent.
- In the Target Port field, type the UDP port on which the target host listens for traps.
- In the Enterprise OID field, type the trap's text-based object ID.
- In the Variable Bindings section, click Add.
- Expand the New Binding tree and select MIB module of interest.
- Verify the values in the Numeric OID and Object ID fields.
- In the Type field, select the appropriate type.
- In the Value field, type the value to which the SNMP object is set.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.