Moving views out of databases
You can move views out of Notes databases into separate view index files (.NDX files).
About this task
- A smaller database file size, to avoid reaching the 64GB limitation.
- Faster database backup and restore.
- Enable transactional logging in the Server document in the Domino directory.
- Add the following notes.ini setting on the IBM Domino server, then restart
- Optional: The .NDX files are stored in the Domino data directory, by default. To
specify a different location, add the following notes.ini setting:
where path is an explicit or relative path. A relative path, for example, NIF, is relative to the Domino data directory. If the location is on a different computer, map the location to the local computer.
- To use this feature, databases must be ODS version 51 or higher. To upgrade all databases to at
least this version, add one of the following notes.in settings:
- Enable the feature on specific databases:
To enable separate view indexes on an existing database, run the following compact command on the server:
load compact -c -nifnsf on xxxxx.nsf
To enable separate view indexes on all databases created in the future, add the following notes.ini setting:
- Restart the server.
What to do next
show dir -nifnsf
show dir -nifnsfonly
To disable separate view indexes on an database that currently uses them, run the following compact command on the server:
load compact -c -nifnsf off xxxxx.nsf