Installing Domino on Windows
You can install Domino® on a supported Microsoft Windows system by following this procedure, or you can perform a silent installation of a local server.
Before you install the Domino server program files on a Windows system, do the following:
Before you begin
- Read the System Requirements Tech Note at the IBM® Support Site for operating system and network protocol requirements.
- If you are upgrading to Domino from a previous release, see the upgrade information in Domino Administrator help, the IBM Support Site, including Upgrade Central: Planning your upgrade to Notes and Domino 9.0.
- Temporarily disable any screen savers and turn off any virus-detection software. Make sure that all other applications are closed.
- Complete any pending reboot actions.
- Run the install program (SETUP.EXE), obtained from the Domino server installation media.
- Read the Welcome screen, and click Next.
- Read the license agreement, accept the terms, and click Next.
- Choose the program directory, and choose whether you are installing partitioned servers. Click Next.
- Specify the data directory in which to copy the software.
If you are installing a partitioned server, specify a data directory
for each partition. Note: For partitions, use the Add button to add each of the data directories to the list. If they are not added to the list they will not be installed.
- Select the server type you acquired:
- Domino Utility Server -- Installs a Domino server that provides application services only, with support for Domino clusters. The Domino Utility Server removes client access license requirements. Note that it does NOT include support for messaging services. See full licensing text for details.
- Domino Messaging Server -- Installs a Domino server that provides messaging services. Note that it does NOT include support for application services or Domino clusters.
- Domino Enterprise Server -- Installs a Domino server that provides both messaging and application services, with support for Domino clusters.
- Customize - Allows you to select the features you want to install.Note: All installation types support Domino partitioned servers.
- If you are installing partitioned servers, specify a data directory for each partition.
- Review the summary information, and then select Next to begin installing files.
- Click Finish to complete the install program.
- Choose , or use the icons on your Desktop to start the server setup program.