Installing Domino on UNIX
This topic guides you through the steps for installing Domino® interactively on a UNIX system.
About this task
You can install Domino on a UNIX system by following this procedure, or you can perform a silent installation of a local server.
- Before you install the Domino server
program files on a UNIX system,
do the following:
- Read the System Requirements Tech Note at the IBM® Support Site for operating system and network protocol requirements.
- If you are upgrading to Domino from a previous release, see upgrade information in Domino Administrator help, the IBM Support Site, including Upgrade Central: Planning your upgrade to Notes and Domino 9.0, and the Notes® and Domini wiki.
- Temporarily disable any screen savers and turn off any virus-detection software.
- Complete any pending reboot actions.
- Make sure that all other applications are closed.
- As the root user, run the install program ./install available
in the product media kit. Note: If you want to run the install in graphical mode, the root user's DISPLAY needs to configured correctly. You also have the option to run the install in console mode.
- Read the Welcome screen, and click Next.
- Read the license agreement, accept the terms, and click Next.
- Optional: Choose Install Data Directories
Only. Note: Choose the Data Directories Only option when migrating a single server install to a multiple server install. If you are adding multiple partitions, select the option to install partitioned servers when specifying the corresponding program files directory name. Or, choose this option when you are upgrading only one partition on a multiple-partitioned server.
- Choose the program directory, and choose whether you are installing partitioned servers. Click Next.
- Specify the data directory in which to copy the software.
If you are installing a partitioned server, specify a data directory
for each partition. Note: For partitions, use the Add button to add each of the data directories to the list. If they are not added to the list they will not be installed.
- Specify a UNIX user name and UNIX group name.
- Optional: If you are installing to a directory other than /opt/ibm/domino, you can create the /opt/ibm/domino soft link.
- Choose a server setup option. Note: The server setup options are not available for servers with multiple partitions.
- Select the server type you acquired:
- Domino Utility Server -- Installs a Domino server that provides application services only, with support for Domino clusters. The Domino Utility Server removes client access license requirements. Note that it does NOT include support for messaging services. See full licensing text for details.
- Domino Messaging Server -- Installs a Domino server that provides messaging services. Note that it does not include support for application services or Domino clusters.
- Domino Enterprise Server -- Installs a Domino server that provides both messaging and application services, with support for Domino clusters.
- Customize -- Allows you to select the features
you want to install.Note: All installation types support Domino partitioned servers.
- Review the summary information, and click Next to begin installing files.
- Click Finish to complete the install program.