Introduction: Create a pluglet
This tutorial might require some optionally installable components. To ensure that you installed the appropriate optional components, see the System requirements list.
This tutorial is divided into three lessons. The beginning lesson helps you to set up the environment needed to create pluglets. After the environment is set, you will learn how to create a pluglet project. Next, you will learn how to create a pluglet. Last, you will run the pluglet.
Time requiredThis tutorial should take approximately 15 minutes to finish. If you explore other concepts related to this tutorial, it could take longer to complete.
AudienceThe intended audience for this tutorial is developers.
System requirementsTo complete this tutorial, you need to have the following tools and components installed:
PrerequisitesIn order to complete this tutorial end to end, you should be familiar with the following tasks and concepts:
- Eclipse basic concepts, such as architecture, plug-ins, and plugging into the workbench
- How to create, install and run a simple plug-in using the Eclipse Java IDE
- The elements of a minimal plug-in, such as projects, Eclipse UI views and editors
- The perspectives and views of the Java IDE
- The Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) API