Creating a local user account
If remote authentication is not being used, each person who accesses the management GUI must have a local user account. Each user account is mapped to a role that defines what pages the user can view and what actions they can perform.
If remote authentication is enabled, users must be added on the remote authentication server.
Follow these steps to add a local user from the management GUI:
- Select Users page displays. . The
- Click Create User. The Create User window displays.
- Enter a name for the user and specify a role.
- Enter the user's email address (optional). If you specify an email address, it can be used for password resets and email notifications.
- Assign a temporary password for the user. Users are prompted to specify a new password the first
time they log in.
- To have a system-generated password emailed to the user, specify an email address and check the Send password to this email check box.
- To create the password yourself, uncheck the Send password to this email check box and enter the password in the provided fields.
- Click Create.