To replace a drive in the Diamondback Tape library, you must first put the drive in service. After you replace the drive you must complete service on that drive. You can use the GUI to place the drive in service and also complete service.
Place the drive in service
- In the Management GUI go to the drive page and locate the specific drive you need to replace.
- Right-click on the drive and choose the Start Service menu option.
- In the Management GUI go to the drive list and locate the specific drive that is currently in service.
- Right-click on the drive and choose the Complete Service menu option.
- You will be asked if the old drive been removed and replaced. Click on Yes if this is the case. The library will ensure that the drive firmware level is correct and run a diagnostic test.
Watch the removing and installing videos for directions on how to physically remove and install the drives.