Provide proper acclimation and environmental conditions for LTO tape cartridges
Certain conditions are required to ensure the safety and quality of LTO tape cartridges.
- Before you use a cartridge, let it acclimate to the normal operating environment for a minimum of 24 hours. If you see condensation on the cartridge, wait an additional hour.
- Ensure that all surfaces of a cartridge are dry before inserting it.
- Do not expose the cartridge to moisture or direct sunlight.
- Do not expose recorded or blank cartridges to stray magnetic fields greater than 50 oersteds (4000 ampere/meter), such as terminals, motors, video equipment, X-ray equipment, or fields that exist near high-current cables or power supplies. Such exposure can cause the loss of recorded data or make the blank cartridge unusable.
- Maintain the proper conditions for storing and shipping the cartridges.