302C - Rear door switch is sending an invalid signal
The switch detecting the open/close state of the rear door is not working properly. This could be caused by a damaged or faulty switch or a door switch cable that is improperly plugged. This fix procedure describes how to diagnose and correct the issue.
- Open the rear door.
- Do a visual check and make sure the switch is properly aligned with the door. Adjust the switch if necessary.
- If the problem persists, make sure the switch cable is securely connected at the switch and the
Back Plane Docking assembly. Reconnect the cable if necessary.Tip: To find where the cable connects to the Back Plane Docking assembly:
- Trace the cable from the switch along the top of the frame. You will have to do this by touch.
- The cable routes around to the back of the Electronics Tray and connects to the lower left side of the assembly.
- Close the door.
- If problem the problem persists, contact IBM support.
During the procedure, if any part is found physically damaged, replace the applicable Customer Replacement Unit (CRU). See Customer service procedures.