Element Status Page
For the tape library and the Read Element Status SCSI command, there is one status page for each of the element types to be reported.
|Byte||Bit 7||Bit 6||Bit 5||Bit 4||Bit 3||Bit 2||Bit 1||Bit 0|
|0||Element Type Code|
|2-3||Element Descriptor Length|
|5-7||Byte Count of Descriptor Data Available|
- Element Type Code: Indicates the element type that is reported by this status page.
- PVolTag (Primary volume tag): The following
B'0' Indicates that the primary volume tag information is omitted from the element descriptors that follow. B'1' Indicates that the primary volume tag information field is present in each of the element descriptors that follow.
- AVolTag (Alternate volume tag): The tape library does not support AVolTag.
- Element Descriptor Length: The following
X'0010'If DVCID=B'0' and VolTag=B'0' X'0032'If DVCID=B'1' and VolTag=B'0' for an LTO logical library X'0034'If DVCID=B'1' and VolTag=B'0' for a 3592 logical library X'0034'If DVCID=B'0' and VolTag=B'1' X'004C'If DVCID=B'1' and VolTag=B'1'
- Byte Count of Descriptor Data Available: The number of bytes of element descriptor data available for elements of this element type that meet the request in the CDB.