Getting started with z/OS application development
Learn the steps for building and debugging a COBOL application by using the Global Auto Mart (GAM) sample. Compile and build a program that searches a database for the make and model of a car.
- Learning objectives
- Learn how to do the following tasks:
- Create a connection to a z/OS® system
- Use repositories
- Create z/OS projects on the local system
- Create MVS™ subprojects
- Add remote files to subprojects
- Create, modify, and apply property groups
- Assemble, link, compile, and debug COBOL source code
- Time required
- Approximately 2 hours and 10 minutes.